Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Not to be forgotten


Yes, that's correct. This place will not be forgotten, at least by me. I'm not certain how the other artists fared during the exhibit, but I really can't say enough about the Custer County Art & Heritage Center.

A big thank you to Kevin Layton and his entire staff (including the volunteers) that make this venue such an attraction for artists like myself. Miles City is not exactly the center of Western Civilization, but it certainly does have one site that caters to a vibrant art community. And a wonderful collection of L. A. Huffman photographs that are to die for. I'd go back in a heartbeat, and I hope I get an invite.

2 comments:

  1. Custer County? I didn't know Montana had a Custer County. Patty, who is a Custer and related to the general, and I, visited the historic battlefield a long time ago before the Indian tribe took over the grounds and reception center. It was a primitive place then.

    So lonely. So quiet. The wind stirs the grass. The sun reflects off the Little Big Horn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both this mail art envelope and the one above for Now & Then, dave. Awesome! The envelope you created for me is still the most special and hangs on my studio wall. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete